14 Feb National Institute on Drug Abuse
Drug and alcohol addiction is the # 1 health crisis facing Americans today. Many people do not know how to deal with addiction, what to do, who to ask, and where to go. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) is a comprehensive national resource on drug and alcohol information for people who are addicted to drugs as well as their families and loved ones.
NIDA will show you:
- How to deal with a loved one who is addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Getting help for your teenager
- How to find the right program
- The latest statistics in your area
- Tips on preventing drug and alcohol abuse
NIDA provides a wealth of information on everything you need to know about drug and alcohol addiction as a parent; think of it as the ABC’s of addiction explained. If you are a parent looking to learn more about addiction and help for your child click here.